Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Before I Forget

UPDATED UPDATE to 10/27 "Shiver Me Timbers!" post:

We went to Abby's final Pirate of Penzance performance on Sunday, which for Sam, was all about the raffle tickets. I spent a good part of the morning explaining to him that despite our big cash win at Friday's show, most of the time when people buy in to a raffle, they win nothing.

I was very concerned that he would buy, not win, have a meltdown.

Public tantrums are not good.

However, he was determined, and he needed the little life-lesson in order to let the issue go, so I held my breath and watched him hand over his allowance.

He won again. A gift certificate for a half-hour massage this time, which he will be giving to his mother as a Christmas present.

I gotta get this kid some lottery tickets.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay Sam!! ;)

3:51 PM  
Blogger KDF said...

He was in it for the cash prize. He wasn't at all happy about winning the massage.

Now if it had been an airplane or a Captain Underpants collection or a model train... then he'd a been a happy man.

But, sg, I'll give you the massage if you come and claim it! :)

11:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

name the time and the place. :)

2:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home