Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Let's Give It Up for the Baristas

I love venti, all-ice, half-caf Americanos with skim milk. Translation: four shots of espresso over ice. I go the half-caf route, because I love the huge 24-ounce cups (go figure, because "venti" means 20, not 24) but really don't need to subject the world to the horror that is me on four shots of espresso.

It's the socially acceptable, liquid equivalent of eating a fistful of coffee grounds. Yum.

I apologize for the Starbuck's commercial. I can't help it if I love them.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This sounds great. I'll have to remember it. I usually get a venti non-fat no foam latte with an extra shot.

I thought Americanos were just regular coffee - who knew? :)

3:35 PM  
Blogger KDF said...

Iced Americanos are espresso over ice with added water (some of us are wimps who can't handle the stuff full strength.)

"All ice," which is the way I order it, means "no water added."

And El, here's my miserly little secret -- because I order it as an Americano instead of a latte, and add my own milk at the cream and sugar counter, I end up with the same drink but save a buck!

3:46 PM  
Blogger Higgy said...

Venti decaf with room for cream.... Simple, short, to the point.

10:14 AM  
Blogger KDF said...

All your adjectives are belong to us.

11:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home