Thursday, October 19, 2006

Why I'm Thankful for Modern Dentistry

Abby had a school assignment to write some statements describing herself. Here's an excerpt from her verbal self-portrait:

I Am...

- A cat lover
- A traveler
- A sister of Hannah and Sam
- A 9 year-old
- Sad when I don't get candy
- A candy lover
- A happy person when I buy candy


In addition to the frightening prospect of the cost of future dental work, I wonder if Abby has stumbled upon a psychiatric truth. Is candy an anti-depressant? Is she actually unhappy when she doesn't have any? Should I be worried about an addiction?

Discuss.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

She may have just been hungry at the time she came up with that - sometimes a horse is just a horse and not a zebra!! :)

I totally messed up that horse/zebra thing but I'm going to leave it but please know that I know it's wrong. Thank you.

2:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mojitos and blogging. Might as well air out all of our addictions-in-common... ;-)

4:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

local news did a story on Net addiction...to find out if you had it, there was a quiz...online!

11:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now that's funny, insom!

*snork*

2:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home