Friday, October 27, 2006

Shiver Me Timbers!

Arrr, tis' time for the pirates t' get har!


Abby (the one on the right) has been toiling away for the past month, rehearsing for the role of Child Pirate Ezekiel for a local production of The Pirates of Penzance. Her role is small, but she is very excited to be part of something that people are talking about.

The show opens tonight.

Abby's goal is to avoid throwing up.

UPDATE:

Nobody puked, and the show was great. Abby was not happy about having to dance with a boy -- EW!!!! -- in the last scene, but she muscled through it. I'll post pictures as soon as I can upload them.

Sam entertained me throughout the show by asking if I had any tomatoes that he could throw at the stage. We also won $70 in a raffle. When the raffle people moved on to draw the number for the next prize, Sam turned to me and said (loudly): "Who cares? We won the money!"

All is well in Penzance. And even though she's not in the show, Hannah keeps telling me that she is the real Pirate King.

Arrrrrrrr! Rum all around.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's probably too late for me to say good luck Abby, so I'll just say I hope everything went well.

9:15 PM  
Blogger KDF said...

My brother has informed me that she looks like a gang-banger. Which seems about right, given all the pillaging and plundering and whatnot.

Yo, what up, scurvy knaves?! Savvy, ye skallywags!

10:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good one, Sam, love the subtlety.

And congrats to the wily pirate Abby. (What happened to Abigail, by the way?)

8:51 AM  
Blogger KDF said...

Jeff, she's still using "Abigail" in school, but seems to have re-adapted "Abby" as her default name at home. "Diva" works too.

9:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home