Monday, September 18, 2006

Random Scene From Motherhood

So I'm standing at the school bus stop this morning; the bus is due any second.

1) Bus pulls up to the curb; I hear the following from my lovely nine-year old daughter: [SFX]: Ahhhhh-chooo!!! Then, a plaintive "MOMMMM!!!!"

2) The space between Abby's nose and upper lip is completely covered and dripping with the gooey, disgusting result of her giant sneeze. I note with horror that the bus door is open; she must get on now.

That's right, I forgot Motherhood Rule #1: Have Kleenex on your person at all times.

3) I wipe her face with the only thing available -- the formerly clean sweater that I have been wearing for six minutes.

Thankfully, it's a cardigan.

Ewwwwwww.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's what sleeves are for, mom.

8:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*snork* on a sleeve

6:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Leaves. Leaves work in a pinch. Just don't try it with poison ivy.

12:24 AM  
Blogger KDF said...

Neo, good idea! Oh, okay, no poison ivy.

*pouts*

8:55 AM  
Blogger Higgy said...

I'd sleeve it every time. Then again, I'm British, so I usually have a handkerchief on me at all times.

11:50 AM  
Blogger KDF said...

*snork!*

Oops, 'scuse me.

11:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home