Friday, January 05, 2007

Public Service Announcement for Computer Doofuses Like Myself

I am officially back in business, as the nice man from Fed Ex appeared at my door yesterday and handed over my repaired computer, complete with a brand-spanking new shiny, happy (blank -- ouch) hard drive. I have almost restored it to something that resembles my own computer, since by some miracle I had filed important software (printer, Microsoft Office, etc.) in the basement.

Anyhoo.

The public service announcement portion of this post: Back up your stuff. Hard drives die with no warning.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

tell me about it! i have lots of pictures i have to save to a dvd, because i was really afraid i'd lost them when mine died.

5:28 PM  
Blogger KDF said...

Except for what I have here on the blog, mine are gone. I learned my lesson.

8:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your pain will serve as my warning -- four year old machine here, awaiting installation of a new CD burner. I'm gonna make that the new top priority around The House of Perpetual Remodel, replacing "snow removal", "acquire a snow blower" and "build ramps to get the beast into my truck". At least until the next storm.

8:33 PM  
Blogger KDF said...

Four years was the magic number for two PC's here... then they were toast. All software issues -- the computers just couldn't deal anymore. So I switched to a Mac, which I LOOOOOVE... no maintenance, no problems, no viruses even, then *poof.*

Yes, it was a mechanical issue, since it was my hard drive that went kablooey, so I still love my Mac.

But, as I said.

Lesson learned.

9:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home