Monday, April 23, 2007

Dental Survey

Somehow, a tiny sample of Crest's new vanilla-mint toothpaste wound up in my travel bag, so I begrudgingly tried it. I mean... vanilla? Vanilla paste? I prepared to gag.

So I was surprised when this turned out to be a pleasantly refreshing vanilla flavored minty experience, and I actually went out and bought a tube last week. Prior to this, I was a stubbornly obsessive loyal buyer of Crest's (also fairly new) cinnamon gel. It's not that I particularly like cinnamon -- it's just that it's something different than what I was forced to use for so many years, because there just wasn't anything else.

I'm grateful we've progressed so far from the days of mint only, and even worse, from those gritty tooth powders and baking soda, but where are we going with this?

Is cookie dough toothpaste right around the corner? Flan-flavored floss? Raspberry gel infused with dissolving peanut butter chips?

Have you ever used tooth powder? How awful was it? Do you like the new flavors or would you rather just stick with mint when brushing your teeth?

And when the chocolate mousse toothpaste arrives on the shelves -- because you know it will -- will you try it?

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I also have a trial size tube of vanilla mint in my travel bag, and I've also used it. I usually get a mint gel of some kind, but I never get the same one twice because the one I'm using is usually discontinued by the time I need a new tube.

But chocolate? I wouldn't try it. It'll be gross. I've sold bubble baths and lotions that were supposed to smell like chocolate, and I thought they were vile. A tooth cleaner formulated to taste like chocolate would be nasty, I fear. Accept no substitute.

But I do have a caramel latte flavored lip gloss I could sell you. They're two for $10. :-)

10:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll hop off the mint bandwagon when they market a weissbier toothpaste.

10:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i believe i'd have to jump on blue's "beer-flavored" toothpaste bandwagon, but otherwise i'll stick to mint as well.

chocolate toothpaste? bleeech...

11:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love MINT!! However, I'm currently using the Macleans Extreme Clean toothpaste, which is not mint. Still, it's quite nice.

I never tried tooth powder, but I have cleaned my teeth with baking soda. Effective, and you get used to it quickly, but definitely not minty.

Cinnamon would be good. I do like cinnamon-things. Big Red, cinnamon breath mints... YUM!

I'd try chocolate mousse or cookie dough toothpaste, just to see what it was like, but I can't imagine it tasting that good.

Kaffy-Moo

1:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have never used tooth powder, but I have sprinkled baking soda on my tooth brush and scrubbed away. It's not too bad - a little gritty at first.

I made my life's only toothpaste flavor change 24 years ago when, having been a lifetime Crest user, I married and discovered that I had become a Colgate user. I still refuse to use the flip-caps, preferring to use the older (and in my opinion more seemly) rotary technology.

1:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just switched to flip-tops and we're getting along pretty well. I buy the toothpaste that 'says' it does the most stuff; i.e., whitening, breath fresh, tartar control, etc.

8:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home